The village can trace its history back to the Norman Conquest. Moletune is listed in the Domesday Book of 1086 as being among the estates of Baron Richard de Vernon of Shipbrook. Today’s Moulton is a rural village, with a population of around 2,500, in the heart of Cheshire. It is one mile from the next village, Davenham, just off the A556.
The nearest towns are Northwich (4 miles to the north) Middlewich (3 miles south) and Winsford ( 3 miles south west). Moulton is surrounded by farmland. A mile to the west lies the Weaver Navigation, with Vale Royal Abbey on the opposite bank.
The village has two churches, a primary school, a large playing field, two pubs, two clubs, a post office, a useful village shop and a village hall. Moulton Parish Council meets monthly on the second Monday of the month in Moulton School, School Lane, Moulton. The Council has up to nine members. Contact via the Clerk.
The members of the Parish Council are also Trustees of the Children’s Playing Field in Main Road. The Moulton Children’s Playing Field Trust is a registered charity .
The Council jointly funds a Police Community Support Officer with Davenham Parish Council and has installed an AED (defibrillator) at the War Memorial in Main Road.
Moulton is well supported with a number of clubs & interest groups including:
- Rainbows, Brownies, Guides & Rangers
- Beavers, Cubs & Scouts
- Auto Club
- Coffee and Chat
- Preschool, Nursery – Before and After School Club
- Pantomime players
- Adventure Group
- Events Committee
- Knit & Natter
- Community Radio Play
- Gardening Group