From June 2021, Moulton Parish Council will be awarding grants to local groups, organisations or clubs for the sole purpose of obtaining a
direct benefit to the parish or its residents.
To be eligible for the award of a grant under the Moulton Parish Council Community Grants Policy, an organisation must:
- be established for charitable, social, cultural, recreational or philanthropic purposes.
- have a constitution which defines its aims, objectives and operational procedures.
- be able to provide a copy of its latest annual accounts and/or most recent bank statement.
- have a bank account operated by a minimum of at least two joint signatories.
Applications will not be considered from:
- Organisations intending to support or oppose a political party or views
- Organisations that discriminate based on gender, sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected characteristic in UK legislation.
- Private organisations operated as a business, intending to make a surplus or profit.
- National charities, unless there is a clear benefit to the parish.
Moulton Parish Council reserves the right to refuse any application which is considered inappropriate or against the aims of Moulton Parish Council. There is no limit to amount of applications an organisation can make, but the number of prior applications may be taken into consideration when determining grant funding.
The maximum grant per application is £300.
The proposed project must be either something that makes the local community a better place in which to live, work or visit, or benefit people who live in the parish. Individuals, businesses, other local authorities and statutory bodies are not eligible, and neither are projects which improve privately owned land or buildings.
A representative of successful organisations may be invited to give a report at the Annual Parish Meeting on how the group spent the money and, if appropriate, how the group or project is progressing.
Conditions of Grant Funding
Moulton Parish Council may make the grant award with conditions which may include some or all of the following, dependent on the circumstances:
- Funding must only be used for the purpose agreed with Moulton Parish Council and if all the monies are not spent on the items agreed, the balance must be returned within three months of the date of the event.
- Funding must be spent within the financial year awarded and cannot be added wholly or partly to the organisation’s reserves.
- If project costs are more than anticipated on application, any shortfall must be met by the group or another funding stream.
- In order to fully understand your project or activity, parish councillors may wish to visit the project or activity prior to the project or activity commencing. They may also wish to conduct a site visit once the funded project is underway.
- The need to provide evidence of expenditure (receipted invoices) to the Clerk to the Council on completion of project will be discretionary – based on the amount given and the purposes given.
- The acknowledgment of Moulton Parish Council support in all relevant publications and publicity.
- Applicants should show the funding awarded separately in their published financial accounts.
For 2021, the dates are:
- 30th June 17:00 for payment on 1st August (if successful) (“The Summer Tranche”)
- 31st December 17:00 for payment on 1st February (if successful) (“The Winter Tranche”)
Applications received outside of these dates will be considered in the “ad-hoc” process. Applications must be made on a grant application form, which is available from the Clerk of the Council or the website
No grants will be considered after the final working day in February